Login or Register

Join us! Members can connect with each other, post on the forum, publish articles, upload pictures and videos and keep up with the latest news in motorcycling.

Who's Online

We have 48 guests and 1 member online
Honda GB500.com
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
GB500..better than I thought! (1 viewing) (1) Guest
GB500 Owners and stories
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: GB500..better than I thought!
admin (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
GB500..better than I thought! 3 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0  
Hi..I bought my GB500 (like knew with 4000miles) last fall and now that winter is over, I just got it on the road yesterday. (with new Bridgestone tires)....It rides, handles,and accelerates way better than I expected. As an owner of an 08' Triumph tiger 1050 and having owned a few other more modern motorcycles, I expected the GB500 to be just so..so, but it is a lot of fun and I am thrilled that I bought it..and, it sure attracts attention....bob.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
efreeman (User)
Gold Boarder
graph
Re:GB500..better than I thought! 3 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 2  
I feel the same way. I also have several large bikes to ride but whenever I get on the little GB it feels so nimble and responsive. Not slow either if you use the revs it has. Just tons of fun to ride, especially in the mountains where you can really lay it over and torque through the corners.

Eric

admin (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:GB500..better than I thought!and "EXHAUST" 3 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0  
Hi Eric...Thanks for your comments....it is a grat little bike...I thought though that it sounded a little too much like a Honda rototiller with the stock exhaust. So,I emailed Jack Batson at jeb858@gmail.com and he is just finishing a small number of his GB500 exhaust systems which go from the engine to the can.

So, I have ordered on, and it will be deliverd in April...It makes so much sense...better power, good looks, getting rid of the ugly box under the motor, 20lbs. less and it will sound like a thumper....Had my third ride today and 2nd on the new Bridgestone tires...it goes great.

bob.

efreeman (User)
Gold Boarder
graph
Re:GB500..better than I thought!and "EXHAUST" 3 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 2  
Hi Bob

I've had one of Jack's stainless exhausts for some time now and it makes a big difference in the sound of the bike. Might be a little loud on occasion but really brings out the 'thump' of that single piston. Very clean looks as well, especially when the two head pipes begin to turn slightly golden.

You'll need to do some jetting work on the carb most likely, which is why I removed the stock airbox. Just too much trouble to remove the carb otherwise. Now, I can have the carb off in about 10 minutes with no hassles at all. Makes jet swaps a piece of cake.

Are you the fellow in Vancouver? I work in Point Roberts and keep my bikes in Bellingham.

Eric

Last Edit: 2011/03/20 00:05 By efreeman.
admin (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:GB500..better than I thought! 3 Years ago Karma: 1  
G'Day, I've been looking for an exhaust system for my Gb500,no answer to my e-mail re. the system you blokes are describing, has he stopped production.

efreeman (User)
Gold Boarder
graph
Re:GB500..better than I thought! 3 Years ago Karma: 2  
I think Jack is still making the exhausts. What email address are you using?

Eric

Go to top Post Reply